Forever 21 has launched their new clothing line that is all about the late singer Selena Quintanilla.
The new collection named “The White Rose Collection” ranges from t-shirts with the queen of Tejano’s image and name on them to jewelry and pins. They recently launched the “white rose” collection in Cerritos, California with Selena’s sister, Suzette Quintanilla attending the big event. Fans lined up to be able to meet the queen’s sister and to shop all things, ‘Selena’.
And although Selena fans were excited about new Selena “merch”, some pointed out the importance of supporting small businesses instead. Particularly businesses owned by women of color or businesses that are Latinx-owned. Some of which are also creating unique clothing inspired by strong and influential women like Selena Quintanilla.
So whether you decide to celebrate the queen’s life by shopping the Forever 21 collection or maybe want to just add to your collection, here is a list of 8 Latinx-owned business that are sure to make your wallet and heart go bidi-bidi-bom-bom as well.
1. First up is, Mi Vida Shop which has a variety of clothing, jewelry, and accessories that you are sure to love. The shop is known for its Latino culture inspired apparel, showcasing La Virgencita, Selena and creating a top inspired by the famous De La Rosa Mexican candy. Switching up the name to Poder- Rosa. And guess what mamas they also have apparel for kids to be rocking their culture and love for Selena with pride.
2. Now for those of you who believe there is no such thing as too many Selena products, check out Chic Party Goods. The Latinx-owned business has a vibrant collection of Selena party supplies for your next “Como la Flor” birthday celebration.
3. Want to add to your Selena themed party? Well, Globitos has your back, not only do they have a variety of fun balloons to choose from but they have Selena Quintanilla inspired balloons. Compliment your Selena balloons with their famous Concha balloons or their “La Mas Chingona” balloons.
4. For those of you looking to add to your Selena t-shirt collection, you might want to head over to Barbarawarbara shop. The shop has t-shirts, tank tops and even a sweater inspired by La Reina, meaning you can rock the queen all year round.
5. As if t-shirts, balloons, and jewelry aren’t enough, you might want to add Sewbonita to your shopping list. The Latinx brand celebrates Mexican-American culture through its array of products ranging from t-shirts to desk supplies. Speaking of desk supplies, you’ll be dreaming of these cute Selena Quintanilla pencils if you don’t add them to your collection.
6. Que Creias? That we were done with the list, of course not. Check out Hot Sundae’s shop for the cutest Bustier Tee, inspired by one of Selena’s most iconic outfits. Rock your love for Selena and her fashion with this cute top.
7. Next up we have Fuchila Fresheners, yup that’s right Selena fresheners. So that you and your “carcacha” can rock Selena all day long. Fuchila Fresheners has a variety of scents and designs but their Selena inspired Freshener is sure to grab your attention.
8. Lastly, no Selena inspired outfit is complete without a little lipstick and Vive Cosmetics has just the lipstick for you. Their Cruelty-Free and vegan “Selena Forever” liquid lipstick is inspired by the queen’s iconic jumpsuit that she wore at her last concert at the Houston Astrodome. This liquid lipstick gives off all kinds of Selena vibes and it’s sure to last all night long as all their lipsticks are long-lasting.